Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adventures in Running: June 23 and Squirrel Watching

Today I went running on the track.

Never, I repeat, NEVER go running on the track...especially when you're out of shape. It is probably the most embarrassing thing ever! I'm thinking, "Ah...running on the track at 8 o'clock in the morning should be easy-peas. I'll be able to run a couple of laps with no difficulty at all."

Needless to say, this assumption was wrong. For a rather small person, I am three words that no person likes to hear.

Out. Of. Shape.

(N0 Rachel, I do not have an eating disorder.)

I couldn't even run a whole lap without being winded. And there are other people there to watch you overexert your out-of-shape body. It is a horrifying experience that I shall try to avoid until I can get into better shape.
I was also disappointed because I didn't get nearly the burn that I do running in the wooded areas around my house. A track is just flat, flat, flat, and more flat.
Oh, and to top it all off, it was sunny there. At my house it was foggy when I left and when I got home. One would think living seven minutes away (yes that is exact) from the high school that the weather would be the same. But no, it was sunny. Bright, yellow rays of beautiful, painful, torture beaming down their terrible beauty.

Everyday after I finish running I love to sit on my porch, drink my water, and watch the little squirrels jump from tree limbs, scurry around in the yard, and sneak to the bird feeder. As I am writing this I'm watching a squirrel out my window sit and feast on bird seed. They are quite interesting, hilarious creatures. I love watching them and I still want one for a pet!

I think that's all I have to say for right now!

Love,
Abishmell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)