Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Day of Fall Break

As I sit here typing this, I'm enjoying a cup of fresh-brewed chai tea. I'm on a chai tea kick and I just bought some delicious new loose tea leaves at this great store in Downtown Asheville called The Spice and Tea Exchange! They had everything; 30+ kinds of tea, sea salts, and any kind of spices that you can imagine. Downtown Asheville also has A LOT of rare book stores. I think I got dragged into three. They were wonderful though. Then Teej and I ate luch at this new Indian street foods restaurant called Chai Pani. It was surprisingly good, but a little too heavily spiced, which is untraditional. :(

I also realized today that I have a strange urge to give dollar bills to street musicians...not plain old bums...but street musicians. Everytime I walked by one I would want to pause but TJ wouldn't let me, which is probably a good thing. Haha. I'm so torn on this subject. Most of them appear to be grubby bums who probably just want cash to go buy some booze. Thinking about them like this makes me not want to give them money, because I don't want to enable them. On the other hand, what if they really are hungry. It's just such a difficult issue!!!!

After we finished downtown, we went to the mall and shopped which was super fun! I bought a few new fall clothes, some new perfume, and this really amazing dress that I absolutely LOVE! :D I love the mall, but shopping makes me really tired, so after shopping we had to eat again. Went to Olive Garden because I HAD to have their salad and breadsticks! If you can't tell, TJ and I love to eat. :D

Coming home we got stuck in I-40 construction traffic...yay....
It was okay though cause we had good music...Taylor Swift...to listen to.

Fall break is off to a great start! I can't wait til Rachel and I go on our monthly dinner date! It's my pick this time. Where should we go? Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe Rumor Haz It in Clayton.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think! :)