Saturday, March 6, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

I went to go see Alice last night and I was definitely unaware that it was the first showing of it.  Talk about an interesting crowd...some of them looked like they belonged in the movie rather than in the audience.  But that's not what I want to talk about...I'd like to discuss the movie and how I felt about it. 

The story was a little slow but then, the old version is too.  I like the book better.  :D 

The visual effects and the colors in the movie were impressive though a little too dark for my tastes of course, the whole movie has a dark-ish tone so I guess the dark colorings work well. 

As far as characters go, Alice was boring.  ZzzzZZzzzzZZzzz Oh sorry...fell asleep just thinking about it.  My favorites were the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, and the Red Queen.  I know the Mad Hatter is probably every persons favorite because he's portrayed by Johnny Depp, but that's not what makes him so fantastic...well yes and no.  I'm not in love with Johnny Depp, but his portrayal of the Mad Hatter is pretty genius. He really does seem "mad" but then there's this certain glimpse of normality/reality that's just fantastic and frightening. Very nifty...

The March Hare was great because he made me laugh a lot! He was what I fondly named "the pot-head."  I'm not going to reveal anything about him because it will ruin some humor. 

I always hated the Red Queen and I still do, but if I were to choose any character to play, I would choose her.  She is evil, but a coward, and pretty funny.  I loved her costumes and makeup...her makeup scheme reminded me of Amidala from Star Wars.  :D 

Anyway, I really don't want to talk details because I don't want to spoil anything.  Go see it when you get a chance!  Its creepy but fun at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)