Sunday, March 28, 2010

So Wonderfully Blessed

I was looking through some really old pictures from when I was around 2-5 years old and it just reminded me of how blessed my life has been. 

I had the best childhood; I have the best Dad and Mom that always did and still do their very best to give me what I need in life and provide me with a loving, supportive environment.  I love them so much and I'm so lucky to have such awesome parents. 
I have someone who's been like a sister to me since we were born; Rachel and I have had our ups and our downs but even when we're in our downs they only last for around an hour at the most.  She's the best friend a girl could ask for and I love her with all my heart.
I also have the best grandparents in the world.  Not only did I have 2 real grandmas and papaws...I had so many sets of "adoptive" grandparents from church.  I still do to this day.  I'm their "little girl" and I love it! I now only have one real grandparent, but she's amazing and I am so thankful for her! Granny is such a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman and I appreciate her and what she has done in life. 

I grew up having so much fun; I had so many toys that I pretty much wore out, and I played outside and helped in my Granny and Papaw's campground, and in my Grandma's garden, and helped Daddy around the yard (always in a matching baseball cap) and rode in the eighteen-wheelers with him. I got to feed baby cows and chickens and play on dairy farms. Mom always put make-up on me on Saturdays and she would sponge roll my hair atleast once a week; and she and I would have so much fun just giggling while washing dishes or making dinner. I got to go to Disney and meet my life-long hero, Mickey.

I grew up around family and church family...a lot of kids don't have either anymore.  Family is what is important in life; its what makes you rich.  It doesn't matter if you had the best toys, graduated valedictorian, attended an ivy league university, make 6 digits per year...if you don't have family, you don't have anything.  Your life is the relationships you have. 

I still have all the great relationships I had as a child and a few new ones to add. 

I have TJ, my other best friend and I love him very dearly.  He keeps my life funny, and loves me for me.  He's supportive and caring, he knows me like his favorite book, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.  He makes me happy.  I love thinking back on the first time I met him and how much fun we had singing "Anything You Can Do" in the BNats broadway review; I love how he used to attack my head with a pencil everyday in class (which he still does).  There are so many wonderful memories and I can't wait to make more. 

I also have my new and old friends.  They're all great and I love them all!  Each one is special in their own way and without them, getting through would be pretty rough at times.  They've all touched my life in one way or another, and although some have "deserted" me, I still love them and I've still been changed for the better because of them. 

Most importantly, I have my relationship with Jesus.  He is the one who has blessed me with all this happiness.  He is the true reason I'm happy all the time; its not just because I had a good night's sleep, or a good day at school.  Jesus is the sunshine in my heart and soul and I'm so happy, so very happy, that I have the love of Jesus in my heart.  I know I may not be the best all the time, but because of Jesus, I am forgiven and because he died for my sins and because of his love for me, I strive to live for Him every day. 

My life has been SO blessed and tonight I stand in awe of the blessings God has given me.  He provides, He lifts up, He heals, and He gives me strength.  Sometimes the way He does all these things is through people.  The people in my life...they are angels and without them and God working through them, I would not be the person I am today.

All Glory, Laud, and Honor be to you, Oh Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)