Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First day of classes

Monday was supposed to be the beginning of the new semester but because of all the fabulous snow it was postponed to today! Thank goodness!  It was really nice to have a couple extra days. 
Last night I went snowboarding again and it was really super fun except it resulted in sore muscles and about four or five hours of sleep for the first day of classes! I survived though.  I only had classes 9-3:30 with a two hour lunch/practicing break. 
My first class was German 101.  I've always wanted to learn German because one day I want to study there or around there.  Well, I was sitting in the front of class super, ridiculously excited and grinning from ear to ear because I'm finally doing something I REALLY want to do and Dr. Lehman comes in and just starts speaking German for over half the class.  Funny thing is it's actually pretty easy to understand but it's going to be pretty hard to learn probably!  I can do it though! So excited! 
Also, there's a Germany trip planned this summer...hmm maybe?  Not sure yet.  :)

My next class was Introduction to Conducting.  This class...it's going to be fun...but I really don't think I'm meant to conduct.  It scares me...but I'll give it a chance.  And the upside is that I have to get a baton, which makes me feel professional.  :D 

Choir was next and it is HUGE this semester.  SO many people and some really good pieces!  Going to be a good semester and we're going to make beautiful music (that was motivational choir president jabber, ps). 

Piano Principles was next...probably my favorite class.  I love my fellow pianists so much and Dr. Adams is AWESOME!  Got an exciting semester ahead for the Piano studio. 

So overall, a very good but tiring day.  I came home and took an accidental two hour nap which was only supposed to be thirty minutes.  Even with the two hour nap I still had time to do some "get ahead" homework and still have free time! Going to bed early tonight! I only have class til 12:05 on Thursdays! Exciting!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)