Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fresh

As I'm sitting here in the kitchen listening to my dad teach my mom how to do sudoku I'm reflecting on the past year and planning for the new one.  2010 had it's ups and it's downs and I'm sure 2011 will too, but I'm hoping for a wonderful year.  I try not to make new years resolutions because I usually end up breaking them, but I would like to set some goals for this year. Some of them are practical/useful and then some are just for fun. 

1.  Become more independent, organized, and responsible.  I will achieve this by opening my own piano studio.  I will become my own employer, be responsible for children's learning, responsible for my finances, and overall a more organized person. 

2.  I want to go outside my comfort zone:
  • This may come as a shock, but I get nervous around people I don't know, so at least once a week (if not more often) I want to talk to a complete stranger.
  • I get stuck in what I like to call a "school rut."  I become a robot during the week.  Wake up, eat poptart, go to school, eat lunch in the same spot almost everyday, come home, do homework/practice, go to bed.  I'm going to try and change up my routine everyday by doing something different whether it be trying a new breakfast food or coffee, or sitting in a new spot for lunch or opting to take a walk around campus. 
3.  Be more dedicated to my music. 

4.  Be more decisive. 

5.  Even though I want to be more organized, I'd like to become less of a planner.  Life gets boring when you plan everything. 

6.  I want to become a better ultimate frisbee player. 

7.  I want to love with confidence and passion and put my whole heart into everything I love. 

8.  I want to go running regularly. 

9.  I want to have less irons in the fire and give more time to those I love.

10.  Most importantly, I want to keep God first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)